Michael Kors range of smartwatches, which were previewed to retailers back in March, have gone on sale in the UK this week.
In the US, the smartwatches are priced at around $350, while the fitness trackers cost $95.
The fashion brand will be hoping for a second sales sensation this decade for its watches, produced under license by Fossil Group, as its Android Wear-based smartwatches and fitness trackers hit high street and online stores.
The Access smartwatch technology is compatible with both iPhone and Android phones, is made possible through a partnership with Google, using their Android Wear smartwatch platform.
The stated aim of the company as it moves into connected watches is to prove that access can be both glamorous and effortless. “Our customers love fashion and they’re plugged in 24/7,” saysMichael Kors. “I think they’ll appreciate having social connectivity and health and fitness tracking all within a great-looking accessory.”
The Access watches include a range of customisable features including:
- Exclusive Michael Kors display watch faces, which change with a swipe—whether it’s a digital chronograph design for the gym or glittering, animated pavé for night
- Hundreds of possible combinations of display face, color and sub dials
- A touchscreen display smartwatch powered by Android Wear that provides:
- Social media updates and text and email alerts
- App notifications
- Smart help from Google
- Built-in fitness tracking
- Interchangeable leather and silicone wristbands
- Glamorous versions for women and sporty versions for men
- Magnetic charging
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100, a system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed to ensure a highly interactive touch screen experience
“We’re excited to offer our customers smart, great-looking watches that will help them to stay on top of their daily lives while uniquely expressing their personal style,” says John Idol, chairman and CEO of Michael Kors.
“Michael Kors Access and Android Wear move the wearables category forward with smart, beautiful watches that help you stay on top of your daily life while expressing your personal style,” adds David Singleton, VP of engineering for Android Wear.