LVMH in talks to buy Tiffany


LVMH has confirmed rumours that it is in preliminary talks to buy America’s iconic jeweller Tiffany & Co.

A statement from LVMH came after business media reported that the French luxury group had tabled a $14.5 billion (£11.3bn) offer to buy the company.


“The LVMH Group confirms that it has held preliminary discussions regarding a possible transaction with Tiffany,” a brief statement says.

Tiffany & Co. notched sales of $4.4 billion in 2018.

It says 92% of its turnover from the world-wide sale of jewellery. The remaining 8% is made up from timepieces, home and accessories, and fragrances.

The group has more than 300 stores around the world, which could provide a route to market for other LVMH brands including TAG Heuer, Hublot, Zenith and even Bulgari.

Previous articleSwatch chooses The Louvre for latest museum collaboration
Next articleDon’t go chasing unicorns — Here are five sporty steel watches you can buy today


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here