An American jeweller has analysed Google forecasts for which watch models will be searched for most and concluded that Apple Watch will thrash Rolex over the pre-Christmas period.
Karus Chains, a specialist jeweller based in Las Vegas, dug into data using Google’s forecast tool, which allows an advertiser to predict the search volumes of keywords and keyword groups relevant to their particular business.
The forecast looked at predicted searches from November 25 – December 16, the busiest online shopping days in the United States.
Google expects Apple Watch to be searched for 11 million times, almost twice as many searches as the combined totals of the other 24 watches that make up the top 25 list.
Rolex is the most popular traditional brand with eight watches in the top 25. Casio and Tag Heuer both have four watch models in the top 25.
The full list from the Google forecast tool is:
- Apple Watch: 11 million searches
- Casio G-Shock: 1 million searches
- Rolex Submariner: 740,000 searches
- Casio Edifice: 520,000 searches
- Rolex Daytona: 500,000 searches
- Rolex Datejust: 480,000 searches
- Tag Heuer Carrera: 260,000 searches
- Tag Heuer Formula 1: 260,000 searches
- Omega Seamaster: 243,000 searches
- Omega Speedmaster: 180,000 searches
- Breitling Navitimer: 130,000 searches
- Seiko 5: 130,000 searches
- Tag Heuer Aquaracer: 130,000 searches
- Casio Baby-G: 92,000 searches
- Casio Pro-Trek: 92,000 searches
- Citizen Promaster: 86,000 searches
- Hublot Big Bang: 82,000 searches
- Omega Constellation: 80,000 searches
- Rolex Air King: 80,000 searches
- Rolex Deepsea: 76,000 searches
- Rolex GMT-Master 11: 76,000 searches
- Rolex Milgauss: 70,000 searches
- Rolex Yacht-Master: 70,000 searches
- Tag Heuer Monaco: 68,000 searches
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak: 65,000 searches