WatchPro is responding to calls to launch an awards ceremony for the british watch industry and will be host its gala event in October at Shakespeare’s globe theatre. Here’s how you can be part of the occasion – and how you can be involved in deciding who’s shortlisted.
The WatchPro Awards 2016 will be held on Wednesday October 26th at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre on London’s Southbank, starting at 7pm. The black tie evening will include a champagne reception and three course dinner as well as the presentation of awards to the country’s finest independent, multiple, online and brand retailers as well as the greatest brands that they sell.
The nomination process is open now and electronic nominations can be completed at the bottom of this article.
The WatchPro Awards 2016 are created for the industry, and will be judged by the industry. All watch brands and wholesalers will be asked to vote for the retailers that have impressed them most; while retailers will take part in a private survey to identify the brands that have served them best in the past year.
WatchPro publisher Daniel Malins said: “There’s simply nothing else like this in the UK watch industry. Not only will there now be a watch-dedicated awards evening, but the judging process means that hundreds of industry leaders will collectively choose the winners.”
Tickets for The WatchPro Awards 2016 cost £300 each inc VAT or £3,000 for a table of 10 and can be purchased through the secure online ticketing website, Eventbrite.
Grand Seiko, Hirsch Watch Bracelets and Ingersoll have all signalled their support for the inaugural WatchPro Awards in 2016 by sponsoring categories. Grand Seiko is sponsoring the Independent Luxury Retailer of the Year category while Hirsch sponsors the Multiple Luxury Retailer of the year category.
Seiko’s UK head of brand strategy and corporate marketing, Bretton Essex-Evans, said: “Independent retailers not only offer outstanding specialist knowledge but often have very special, personal relationships with their customers. We at Grand Seiko appreciate the extra mile that these retailers go to communicate and sell our product and we are very much looking forward to recognising and rewarding them.”
While Simon Walker, UK country manager for Hirsch, told us why the company was keen to support the country’s multiple retailers, saying: “We’ve been selling our range to high quality watch retailers in the UK for over 35 years, and have worked in partnership with the major watch brands for even longer than that – our participation in these inaugural awards underlines our continued commitment to watch retailers and manufacturers in the UK.”
Simon Gilham, managing director of Zeon, which owns Ingersoll, is very excited about the prospect of the UK watch industry finally having its own awards ceremony. “Having been a part of this industry for over 18 years, it [an awards ceremony] has always been something that was clearly needed and a missed opportunity,” he says. “We work in an amazing industry full of great people that are passionate and truly care about their customers and the products they sell; hopefully it will be the first of many that set the benchmarks that we all strive towards.”
SCROLL BELOW TO NOMINATE NOW
WatchPro Retailer Awards Categories
– Independent Fashion Retailer of the Year
– Retailers with fewer than eight doors that specialise in fashion watches
– Multiple Fashion Retailer of the Year
– Retailers with eight or more doors that specialise in fashion watches
– Independent Luxury Retailer of the Year
– Retailers with fewer than eight doors that specialise in watches costing £1,000 and above
– Multiple Luxury Retailer of the Year
– Retailers with eight or more doors that specialise in watches costing £1,000 and above
– Independent Volume Retailer of the Year
– Retailers with fewer than eight doors specialising in volume watch brands
– Multiple Volume Retailer of the Year
– Retailers with eight or more doors specialising in volume watch brands
– Department Store of the Year
– Online Retailer of the Year
– Multi-channel Retailer of the Year
– Innovative Retailer of the Year
– Brand Boutique of the Year