We are delighted to announce that our state of the art, purpose built, watchmaking and after sales workshop is now nearing completion in our Newcastle-under-Lyme store, in Staffordshire. Therefore, we have an amazing opportunity for a qualified Watchmaker / Workshop Manager to take ownership and responsibility for this new and exciting area within our family business.
Rolex accreditation is preferred but not essential, however you must have worked with other luxury Swiss watch brands if not.
This permanent and full time post attracts a highly competitive salary, pension plan and a relocation package if required, alongside the many other benefits of working in a leading family retail jewellery business. In addition, there is a quarterly profit related bonus scheme.
The successful candidate will mainly be responsible for the servicing of modern and classic ROLEX calibres although other duties and responsibilities may include:
- To provide a seamless integration with the commercial team ensuring the very best customer shopping experience at all times.
- Servicing and repairs on a variety of luxury brands and their automatic and quartz movements.
- Carry out refurbishment of precious metals and stainless-steel cases and bracelets.
- Achieve workload targets within agreed time frames to contribute to achievement of department targets.
- Demonstrate an ability to maximise departmental profitability.
- Recruit, support and train in the fullness of time, a trainee watchmaker / technician for all aspects of watch servicing and repairs.
- Develop and maintain in depth relevant brand and product knowledge.
- Attend in house and brand training for personal ongoing development.
- Maintain a high standard of work and keep returns to a minimum.
The Ideal Candidate
- A graduate of a watchmaker programme with either BHI or WOSTEP.
- Experience in servicing and repairing Swiss luxury watches.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of the wider store team.
- ROLEX Brand accreditation
About the Company
A third generation, award winning, family business with two stores, John Pass Ltd is a leading retail jeweller, who’s vision statement is “A great place to work, a great place to shop!”.
Our Newcastle-under-Lyme store is a fun, dynamic and focused working environment, where the sense of team leaves you in no doubt that we all work towards the one unified goal of providing the best customer experience possible.
All applications should go via email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th April.