Leading global auctioneer Bonhams currently has an opportunity for a Cataloguer in its Watches department based at its London office.
As Cataloguer, you will be responsible for the following key duties and responsibilities:
• Client valuations at the front counter, and specific visits and valuation days as and when necessary.
• Provide expert advice for Bonhams customers on the sale viewing.
• Assist with the cataloguing and preparation of the catalogue on a timely basis to meet printing and distribution deadlines.
• Assist with the compilation of condition reports
• Assist with the preparation of promotional material to promote and enhance the activities of the department.
• Maintain and develop the database of both buyers and vendors and ensuring the relevant information is updated.
• Supporting the team on sale days on all aspects of the auction procedure
• Maintain close contact with private and trade clients to promote and develop the department.
• Support the Head of Department with initiatives for advertising and marketing
• As and when necessary attend relevant functions within Bonhams to promote the department.
• Support the Head of department with strategies to further the future development of the watches department at Bonhams.
• Attending relevant functions outside Bonhams to promote the department
• Oversee post-sale shipping of sold items
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with an genuine interest in Watches. You must be organised, have the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines, be an excellent team player, whilst able to work on your own initiative when required. You will have a sound knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
A relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
Please send your CV and cover letter via email to Recruitment by the 14 January 2021.
We thank you for your interest in this position but please note that we will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration.
Bonhams is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.