Stephen Forsey, Felix Baumgartner and Roger Smith in a panel discussion about the challenges that budding watchmakers face and the opportunities open to them at a SalonQP session tomorrow.
Stephen Forsey, co-founder of Greubel Forsey; Felix Baumgartner, co-founder of Urwerk and Roger Smith, watchmaker at Roger W Smith, are supporting Time Aeon, a foundation, which has stated aims to:
- Perpetuate exemplary standards of expertise and knowledge of the art of contemporary watchmaking among independent craftsmen
- To actively participate in safeguarding the heritage of watchmaking worldwide
- To make a financial contribution to the training of future watchmakers who wish to become independent
- To help talented young watchmakers become independent
- To support the art of contemporary watchmaking and have it recognized as a completely separate art.
Time Aeon was created in 2008 by leaders of watchmaking’s independent sector including Philippe Dufour, Stephen Forsey, Vianney Halter and Kari Voutilainen
The Time Aeon discussion will take place on 3rd November at 5.15pm at SalonQP at the Saachi Gallery in London.