Fellows Auctioneers has been driving down the cost of participating at its sales this year with initiatives including the launch of Fellows Live, its own ecommerce bidding platform that stripped away the usual 6% fee charged for participating in some rivals’ auctions.
Now Fellows has added free postage to its service offering until the end of the year for its watch, jewellery and designer sales.
The same offer was first made in America, and Fellows saw a surge of online bidders when it was launched in September.
A standard buyer’s premium is the only remaining payment a successful bidder at a Fellows auction will pay.
“We have taken this option to give something back to our customers who have been faithful to us during another successful year at Fellows. I hope by offering both free postage for two months and a bidding platform with no online bidding fees our customers can see that we always aim to put them first. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and hopefully this scheme will encourage more bidders in our sales in the lead up to 2020,” says Stephen Whittaker, managing director of Fellows (pictured top).
Auctions where free shipping will be offered for buyers at Fellows include:
- Jewellery sale – Thursday 7th November
- Online Jewellery timed sale – ends on Thursday 7th November
- Gemstones timed sale – ends on Friday 8th November
- Fine Jewellery sale – Thursday 14th November
- Watch Sale – Tuesday 26th November
- Designer Jewellery sale – ends on Thursday 28th November
- Designer Collection – Monday 2nd December
- Online Jewellery & Costume Jewellery timed sale – ends on Thursday 5th December
- Watches – Monday 9th December
- Online Watches & Watch Accessories – ends on Monday 9th December
- Jewellery sale – Thursday 12th December