Fossil Group has revealed it will launch more than 300 connected watch styles across 14 brands in 2017.
Using Baselworld to announce the huge roll-out schedule, the company said it would be introducing everything from slimmer and smaller hybrid smartwatches to full-round touchscreen smartwatches with custom AMOLED displays and branded micro-apps over the next 12 months.
“Many of our brands that first entered the wearables space less than a year ago are now branching out with new styles, colors and types of wearables, all showcasing the perfect fusion of fashion and technology,” said Greg McKelvey, chief strategy and digital officer at Fossil Group.
“Our unrivalled speed to market is only possible through our relentless investments in innovation, our unmatched scale and operational capabilities, and our strong partnerships with the world’s most admired fashion brands.”
Mr McKelvey said that customers were no longer wearing a watch simply to tell time, but to stay connected to the people and activities they care about most while remaining fashionably on-point.
Since launching its first smartwatch in Fall 2015, Fossil Group has brought to market more than 150 touchscreen smartwatches, hybrid smartwatches and activity trackers throughout 40 countries and in 20 languages.
It markets smartwatches for brands such as Chaps, Diesel, Emporio Armani, Armani Exchange, Fossil, kate spade new york, Michael Kors, Misfit and Skagen.
New Fossil Group brands entering the wearables space in 2017 include DKNY, Marc Jacobs, MICHELE, Relic and Tory Burch.
Full details of key launches for 2017 are listed below:
- Hybrid smartwatches
- DKNY – New to the wearables space, introducing the DKNY MINUTE hybrid smartwatch collection (Holiday 2017)
- Marc Jacobs – New to the wearables space, introducing the Riley hybrid smartwatch (Fall 2017)
- MICHELE – New to the wearables space, introducing the MICHELE Connected hybrid smartwatch collection (Holiday 2017)
- Relic – New to the wearables space, introducing the Duncan men’s hybrid smartwatch collection and the Eliza women’s hybrid smartwatch collection (Fall 2017)
- Tory Burch – New to the wearables space, introducing The Collins hybrid smartwatch (Holiday 2017)
- Armani Exchange – Armani Exchange Connected line of hybrid smartwatches extends its collection to include two new colorways of the silicone style (Fall 2017) and will introduce five dress styles (Holiday 2017)
- Chaps – Chaps Connected line of hybrid smartwatches will include new colorways (Fall 2017)
- Diesel – Diesel On collection of hybrid smartwatches will include new colorways and a new platform based on the popular Mega Chief (Fall 2017)
- Emporio Armani – Emporio Armani Connected line of hybrid smartwatches will include new platforms and new colorways (Fall 2017)
- Fossil – Q Accomplice and Q Activist are the slimmest designed Fossil Q hybrid smartwatch cases to date and feature customizable pushers (Summer/Fall 2017)
- kate spade new york – An update to the bestselling traditional watch, the new Holland hybrid smartwatch has an even more feminine look, complete with star detailing and sparkling pave stones (Fall 2017)
- Misfit – Four new colorways will join the Phase hybrid smartwatch collection (April 2017)
- Michael Kors – Michael Kors Access will expand its collection of hybrid smartwatches by offering two new colorways for ladies (Fall 2017) and new colorways and platforms for men (Holiday 2017)
- Skagen – 19 new styles and four new platforms set to launch throughout 2017, including Jorn (men’s), Hald (women’s), Signatur (men’s) and Signatur t-bar (women’s), representing the slimmest wearables the brand has released to dateTouchscreen smartwatches
- Diesel – Diesel On will include its first touchscreen smartwatch available in five outsized styles (Holiday 2017)
- Emporio Armani – Emporio Armani Connected will include its first touchscreen smartwatch (Beginning September 2017)
- Fossil – Q Venture and Q Explorist are the brand’s slimmest, most feature-packed touchscreen smartwatches to date (Fall 2017)
- Michael Kors – Michael Kors Access Sofie and Michael Kors Access Grayson are two new introductions to the touchscreen smartwatch collection (Holiday 2017)
- Misfit – Misfit Vapor is powered by Android Wear™ 2.0 and includes heart rate monitoring, GPS, standalone music functionality, and is swimproof to 5ATM (Late-Summer 2017)