A gold Rolex owned by Leonardo DiCaprio might normally be the star lot in any watch collector’s auction, but tomorrow’s Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation (LDF) gala auction has a few other items on sale that even the most passionate horologist will admit are a little more exceptional.
The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation (LDF) gala auction, an exclusive event in St Tropez, will be raising money for the foundation for the third consecutive year.
Last year the auction raised $40 million for the Hollywood celebrity’s charity, which is dedicated to the long-term health and wellbeing of all Earth’s inhabitants. Through collaborative partnerships, they support innovative projects that protect vulnerable wildlife from extinction, while restoring balance to threatened ecosystems and communities.
The gala auction, which will be attended by a host of movie and music A-listers along with the world’s wealthiest business leaders, offers dozens of money can’t buy items and special events.
Guests will convene at the Domaine Bertaud Belieu vineyard in France, but the auction will also be online, watch collectors will be able to get involved.
The list of items up for sale includes:
- Attend the US Open men’s final with DiCaprio
- Lunch with DiCaprio’s co-star in The Wolf of Wall Street, Margot Robbie (pictured above)
- Props from The Revenant, including a canteen, blanket and knife belt worn by DiCaprio
- DiCaprio’s Rolex
- Be Harvey Weinstein’s personal guest for a year at big film events including the Academy Awards and Cannes
- Hollywood’s classic car: 1950 Jaguar Mark V Drophead signed by DiCaprio, Channing Tatum, Robert De Niro, Mark Wahlberg, Orlando Bloom, Ben Affleck, Robert Downey Jr, Tom Hanks, Jonah Hill, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Charlize Theron and Justin Timberlake
- A week on set with Martin Scorsese
- A two-night trip to Monaco curated by Prince Albert, which includes sharing his box at an open air concert of the Monte-Carlo Philharmonic Orchestra
- Host Kevin Spacey in your home for a private theatre performance
- Play Texas hold ’em poker with Edward Norton and Jonah Hill
- A private evening with Andrea Bocelli with music, wine and friends
- Pablo Picasso’s painting, Femme Assise, March 29, 1949
- Jeff Koons’s painting Gazing Ball (Manet Spanish Singer), 2014-15
- A two-night trip to Monaco curated by Prince Albert II
- Terminator Genisys Endo Skull, featuring glowing red eyes
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s sword from Conan the Barbarian
- A Harley Davidson ridden by him in The Terminator
- Adrien Brody’s Tiger on Last Legs, charcoal and acrylic on canvas, 2016
- Damien Hirst’s Beautiful Leonardo DiCaprio Looking Away, household gloss on canvas, 2016
- A six-day trip for 16 people to Over Yonder Cay island in the Bahamas
- A one-week stay for 12 guests at DiCaprio’s Palm Springs home
- Chopard’s unique luminous jellyfish earrings, made with diamonds, opals and sapphires
- Close the Eiffel Tower for a private lunch or dinner party for friends and family at one of its restaurants. The winning bidder will also have the opportunity to push the button to illuminate the tower with an environmental message chosen by DiCaprio
- A trip to the North Pole, South Pole and Mount Everest with the explorer Johan Ernst Nilson