Cartier celebrated the opening of its Cartier in Motion last night with a star-studded party.
The exhibition was opened by Cyrille Vigneron. president and CEO of Cartier International, and Sir Norman Foster, one of Britain’s most revered architects.
Cartier in Motion, which runs from until May 28 at the London Design Museum, explores the creativity of Cartier and its design vision.
The event includes over 170 exhibits alongside rare insights into the research and work of the designers at Cartier, through extracts from material found in the Cartier Archives.
Notable attendees to last night’s opening included stars from across the creative arts and businesses including Laurent Feniou, Martha Hunt, Jim Chapman, Roksanda Illincic, Caroline Issa, Kim Hersov and Sandra Choi.
The main themes of the exhibition include:
• The evolution of Paris and its influence on Cartier shapes
• Louis Cartier’s connections with Alberto Santos-Dumont and other pioneers of the age
• The birth of the modern wristwatch
• The everyday accessories designed to cater to a glamorous inter-war lifestyle
• The evolution of Cartier watch designs and Cartier craftsmanship